Thinking About Becoming a Foster Parent?
Devereux Texas is looking for individuals and families who have room in their hearts and space in their homes to help a child in need.
Fostering a child means providing them with the direction and unconditional love they need and deserve; children never outgrow their need for a loving home and the nurturing a parent can provide. Every day, foster children hope that someone will open their heart…and give them a chance. You could be that person.
Give a child a chance to:
- Go trick or treating for the first time
- Have their first birthday party, even though they may be turning 7 years old
- Graduate from high school
- Not struggle to find their next meal
- Feel safe
- Be happy
- Feel loved
As a foster parent, you have the chance to:
- Answer a "calling," and help a child heal
- Connect with a child who needs your love
- Help a child learn to trust
- Offer a child a better life
- Feel like you are making a difference in the life of a child
What are the qualifications to become a foster parent?
- Be at least 21 years of age; married or single
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have no criminal history
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Be willing to open your heart and home to a child in need
It's as easy as 1. 2. 3.
Once your application is complete and you have mailed, faxed or emailed it to the contact
provided on the application:
- You will be contacted by a Devereux Texas Foster Care Representative.
- You will be scheduled to complete foster parent training. (Devereux Texas provides required training to parents free of charge in the convenience of your home, online or at the Devereux Texas Foster Care Center.)
- Devereux will work with you to finalize the application process.
Devereux Texas receives funds from the Department of Family and Protective Services.